Tuesday, March 13, 2012

NYC: Day 2

Day 2 of our NYC vacation started off by waking up to snow covering the ground and still falling! After a quick breakfast we made a trip to the Empire State building.

We bought the Fast Pass and go to be able to pass a main line and get to the observation deck without having to wait in a long line. It also included some simulator-ride, the NYSkyRide, where Kevin Bacon flew you around on a helicopter ride through the city. I'd recommend skipping that part. Miss Motion Sickness here had to keep my eyes closed most of the time because it was a very bumpy ride and the screen was hard to focus on because it was moving so fast.

Once at the observation (main) deck on the 86th floor, It was freezing... and doing more sleeting that high up than snowing. We couldn't see very far either due to the fog from the snow, but it was still an amazing view to see the city dusted with snow!



After that we ventured to SoHo for some lunch and shopping. We ate at a DELICIOUS Mexican restaurant, Dos Caminos and I had the fish tacos. SO GOOD! The shopping was fun. I dont think I bought a thing in SoHo but there sure were a lot of pretty things.

I decided to save my money for Chinatown and some knock-off pocketbooks! I'm not ashamed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment