Friday, March 2, 2012

62 Years

Photobucket

On Sunday, my grandparents will be celebrating their 62nd wedding anniversary! This photo is framed and sits on a shelf in our living room. It was taken on their wedding day!

I can't say enough about what these two mean to me. They're definitely the rock of our family and are a great example to us all.

My Nonnie is such a historian for our family as she keeps up with lots of photographs from years past. Just a few weeks ago when I stopped by she had files like this laying around...

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I love going through them and asking questions. It's also fun seeing who looks like who. Example: When I saw a particular photo of my Grandad from when he was younger, I automatically thought of my cousin Jaxon.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

As soon as I took this photo I had to send it to Jaxon's Dad and Grandad to see if they could see the resemblance. They did! I always thought Jaxon looked just like his mother until I saw this photo of my Grandad, Jaxon's Great-Grandad. I am thankful that she has saved so much of our history as a family for us all to be able to look back on and share with our children too!

Photobucket

Happy Anniversary,  Nonnie & Grandaddy! Thanks for setting a wonderful example for our family and loving us all unconditionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment