I am thankful that blogs were invented because I can quickly type what's on the brain and add a few images here and there. I dont have to stress about my handwriting being just so or misspelling something b/c I hate mistakes in my scrapbook, I know, I'm silly. If you saw Grace's scrapbook, you'd be shocked. I swore I would keep it updated, but I'm pretty far behind, which is why I'm thankful that this blog is keeping me on track. So, before I forgot a few things, I decided to take a break from the above tasks to just take a few minutes and *twitter-blog*, as Scott likes to call it.
There's my baby girl! She looks thrilled huh? No, she just feels bad, my poor baby is sick! I took this picture this afternoon when we got back from the pediatrician. Yep, we went in for a sick visit. Grace has been very congested since last Wednesday evening and has ran a slight fever here and there, but nothing major. I can tell she isn't sleeping as good and she has had a hard time eating because she can't breathe well with all of the congestion. This morning she just seemed worse so called first thing and took her in for a doctors visit. (Out in the rain. Pouring. Down. Rain.) The verdict: Grace has lots of congestion (duh!) and the beginnings of an ear infection. So we have some antibiotics to help clear that up and we'll be back at the doctors in 2 weeks for a follow-up. The doctor also prescribed a Vick's Plug-in and lots of TLC! :) The doctor also said we needed to fatten her up some and recommended that I give her cereal in another bottle during the day, not just at night. So we're going to try adding that into our routine tomorrow!
HEMANGIOMA UPDATE: The day before Thanksgiving we went to Duke for a follow-up dermatologist appointment. We hadn't been in two months so our nurse, Roseanne, and Dr. Bellet were excited to see Grace and how much she'd grown and developed! Both were extremely happy to see how well Grace's hemangioma looked! They increased her dosage of propranolol to 1.01ml (from .09ml) because they hadn't changed the dosage since she started the medication back when she was just 8lbs. On this particular day (11.25.09) she weighed 14lbs. 2oz. (just 2oz. shy of doubling her birth weight). Dr. Bellet said that we'll continue Grace on the medication until she's 9mo. to a year of age and then we'll gradually take her off the medication. Once she's off the medication we'll assess if we need to do more laser of the hemangioma as a whole, or what, if anything, will be our next step.
I hope you all are staying dry today, it sure is nasty out!
xoxo- Meg
Bless her heart...I hate it when they get sick!! Give her lots and lots of kisses from us to make her feel better.....love you both!!
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry to hear that she's sick....I know that it hurts you all over!!!! Sure do hope she's better today and that you'll be able to come to the Bay...We miss you SO MUCH...love to all!!!
ReplyDelete