Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Emails

Scott & I have received cards and notes regarding our news, but it's very interesting when someone you really don't know or have never met touches you with kind words about the joys of expecting or just children in general.

I plan to print out this blog into a book each year (if I'm that good at keeping up with updating it) and wanted to include this email I received today. It's from a grandmother who received photographs from her children/grandchildren for Christmas that I took this past fall...

"Megan, thank you so much for putting the pictures back out for us. It was such a hard job. I am so very pleased with the pictures the children gave to us. It is a treasured gift that no one will ever be able to match. Family is so important and I am so blessed. I especially loved the really close up pictures of the grandchildren's faces. Again, I would like to say thank you for the very important part that you played. The pictures are wonderful and hopefully we will be able to enjoy them for many years to come. I saw you in Harris' a couple of Sundays ago and I know that you are going to have a baby soon. We will keep you in our prayers. I would like to share my favorite scripture with you. Jeremiah 1:5 says that before God formed us in the womb, He knew us. We are all here for a purpose, we are ordained to be a part of this world. I pray for a peace for you and your family and that your life will be filled with God's abounding love, mercy, and grace. Cherish every moment you have with your little one for they grow up so fast. Each minute of every day is so precious and so wonderful when we follow that still small voice of God. I was only going to thank you for the beautiful pictures but as I began, my heart was touched and I knew that I had something to share with you. It's that still small voice of God that speaks to our hearts. God bless mom, dad, and baby with a long and healthy life together. -Edna"

Just a little tid-bit that I wanted to remember.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that was very touching....how sweet of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too precious. See how you touch people's lives even when you don't plan to. I love you!

    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious. See how you can touch a persons life even when you don't plan on it. Love You:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, Just goes to show how special you are to people that you only meet by chance. You are very deserving of her kind words, and ANYONE that you touch will always remember you Uncle Paul and I love you and Scott and Baby Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan - How awesome that you are doing this for your baby book! Ms Edna (don't know her but really love her words) was so right about all the things she said. God has a hand in even the smallest things in our lives. You have been a very kind and generous person with all you do, like NILMDTS..it takes a special person to do what you do. I wish you and Scott the best and you are both in my prayers. I think the motto for Parenthood should be "The toughest job you'll ever love."
    God Bless, Charlene

    ReplyDelete