Scott's Mom bought a turkey fryer just before Thanksgiving and has enjoyed frying turkeys. Scott made a big deal to her how wonderful her turkey was at Christmas so she fried us one to take back to Raleigh with us. I picked it up on a Monday and we ate turkey Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday nights! :)
Monday night: Open-face hot turkey sandwich - this was so yummy and the key was BBQ bread. I toasted BBQ bread (no butter) in the oven while I heated up the Turkey Gravy and turkey. I'd never bought turkey gravy, but Heinz makes it and it wasn't bad at all. Poured the gravy and turkey over the BBQ bread, and voila!
Tuesday night: Basic Turkey Sandwiches - Whitewheat bread, mayo, lots of black pepper, and turkey! On this day I also made the stock for Wednesday nights dinner. In the crock-pot I cooked all day on low the turkey carcass in water with some celery and onion. Before bed I drained the stock into a bowl to save for Wednesday's Soup.
Wednesday night: Turkey and Wild Rice Soup - you can see the recipe here. Althought it was good it had a bit of a bite to it. I think maybe that was from the balsamic vinegar?

Complete with a grilled cheese, and BAM! What do you do with your leftover turkey?
Love these! We used every bit of our left over turkey this year and was quite proud of not wasting a bit of food. We've made turkey casserole in the past but this year Hank made turkey pot pie and it was delicious!
ReplyDeleteTurkey salad is so so yummy!! Dice your turkey, lil diced red onion, lil diced celery, pepper, salt, and lil creole seasoning....and of course the magic, DUKE's mayo!!!!!
ReplyDelete