Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Goals...

I'm not a fan of new years resolutions, instead I have a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I haven't been too successful getting that list completed yet but I did set a few goals for 2012: Blog More and Get Organized!

One of my goals last year was to blog more too, but I acutally blogged less last year than I did in 2010. 77 posts last year, 87 posts in 2010 and 100 posts in 2009. My goal this year is to have more than I did in 2009.

As far as the Get Organized goal goes I have a whole board on Pinterest devoted to really cool organizing ideas for when I finally find the time to get organized!


Photobucket


So far in 2012 I have:
*organized our pantry here in Raleigh
*the cabinet over our refrigerator at the bay
*my boots in my closet (more on that later)
*Scott's sweaters (using this method to folding, which is so much better than how I was folding them).

Nothing major quite yet. My closet is in TERRIBLE need of organizing, but that's going to be an all day event for sure and is going to need lots of planning before I start. I'm afraid I might fall in! ;) I've purchased plastic tubs, closet hangers with the clips on them, and shower curtain holders to be prepared when the organizing bug hits, so I'm getting prepared!

I've had this 21 day challenge on my pinterest "organizing" board for some time now I knew it was time to get going! Another blog I follow, Missi's Musings, (Missi was a teacher at Holly Springs when I taught there, she still teaches there) started her challenge and it's given me a push to start my 21 Day challenge too! There are also some things on the list that don't really apply to our home, so I'll probably do some substituting. I loved how Missi said, "I buy magazines and then only read part of them, so I keep them beside my bed or in the bathroom until I get the chance to read them, which then turns into a stack of magazines." I do the same thing! I have a stack of magazines on my desk, 17 high, that I haven't had the time to look at but I won't get rid of them because I hope one day I'll have the time to do so!

What's something you need to organize?

Want to join the 21 Day Organizing Challenge with me? If so here's the list:
Day 1 - Junk Drawer
Day 2 - Computer Desk
Day 3 - Tupperware Cabinet
Day 4 - Linen Closet
Day 5 - Under kitchen sink
Day 6 - Dresser Drawers
Day 7 - The Pantry
Day 8 - Coat Closet
Day 9 - Toy organization
Day 10 - Laundry Room
Day 11 - The Freezer
Day 12 - Spice Cabinet
Day 13 - Medicine Cabinet
Day 14 - Under bathroom sink
Day 15 - Medicine/Vitamin Storage
Day 16 - The Fridge
Day 17 - The Mail
Day 18 - Keepsakes
Day 19 - Master Closet
Day 20 - Photos
Day 21 - You pick!


Guess I better get busy and get to organizing my junk drawer(S)! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment