Feb 19th: Grace went for her 9 month well appointment at the pediatrician.
Height: 27.25 inches long (45th percentile)
Weight: 16.0 (10th percentile)
She did have to get one shot, but she didn't cry much. Her doctor says she is developing wonderfully.
The weekend after Grace came down with some sort of stomach bug and was sick through Tuesday. Thank goodness she's feeling much better now.
Feb. 24th: We went back to Duke for Grace's dermatologist appointment. Dr. Bellet was pleased with the looks of her hemangioma. We've decided to begin weaning Grace off of her propranolol medication. We are still in a grey window because hemangiomas can stop growing anywhere between 9mo-12mo of age. Dr. Bellet reassured us that if we go ahead and take her off of it and it begins to grow back then we can just put her back on the medication. I'm praying that it doesn't grow back because rapid growth can cause ulcers, which I definitely don't think I could handle again, especially with Grace at the age she is now. The doctor did tell us that more laser is an option later (18-24months) to clear up the spot even more, but we're just going to wait and see how things are then. We don't have another appointment until June!



We hope you all are doing well!
xoxo-
Scott, Meg, & Grace
I'm glad to hear y'all are doing well! Her little outfit is so cute! W'd love to see y'all some time!
ReplyDelete<3 Jacquelyn
Sounds like she had some fantastic appointments! Didn't think she could get any cuter but I believe she has!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet..and I am so glad she is feeling better now!!!
ReplyDelete