Friday, September 14, 2012

I am the Lord of Me

Grace LOVES to sing! She can be riding in the car or playing with her toys and just bust out into song. She even has her own playlist of her songs on the ipod that she loves to listen to and sing along with. For the past two weeks Grace has been singing a new song that I didn't recognize. I assumed she'd learned it at school or church since it was about the Lord. Usually if she's singing a new song I like to get it and put it on her song list for her to have or teach it to myself so we can sing it together. Grace's verse went something like, "I am the Lord of me! I am the Lord of me!" For the life of me, I could not figure out this song. I asked her to sing some more of the song and when I would she's seem to have forgotten the rest of it. So I googled it for the world wide web to help me. :) Luckly I found out the name of the song, but only because another Mom blogged that her child was singing it the same way and she finally found out what it was.

Here's her blog post:
Driving home from errands today I heard a sweet voice in the backseat sing, "I am the Lord of me, yes sir! I am the Lord of me." Although Owen got the theology mixed up, I give him props for heartily singing a song--on his own, about God, and without prompting. (He was trying to sing "I'm in the Lord's army, yes sir! I'm in the Lord's army.")

Once I knew the real song. :) I then found the song on YouTube and Grace was so excited that I finally knew was she had been singing! It's definitely been the song of the week, this week!

And just incase you've never heard the song, here's the song with lyrics...

No comments:

Post a Comment