Friday, December 16, 2011

Biggest Boo-Boo to date

This Wednesday, Grace and I were be boppin around in the office cleaning up her toys. Grace was going to play with Jack, Z, and Tammy for a little while, while Scott and I went to see "A Christmas Carol" play downtown.

However while cleaning up Grace fell and busted her chin. As the blood began to gush I of course went in complete panic mode. As I'm checking her over I also noticed that the inside of her mouth is bleeding, so I began to freak out even more!

As I am trying to stop the blood im also making sure she stays conscious. Don't know if I mentioned it before or not but Grace went through a spell where she would hold her breath when crying and end up passing out for a quick second. Thankfully she didn't do it to me Wednesday, she must have know that I couldn't of handled that too.

I rushed to put her in the car and we headed to the emergency room. Through my tears and panic, I soon realized that Grace was pretty much back to her normal self. She was asking for her paci, asking to watch a movie, singing frosty the snowman, and even looked at me and told me "i okay, mommy". I got myself together, consulted with my Mom and Dad, and turned around heading back for home.

Once I got home I was able to get a better look of her chin after cleaning her up a bit more. I was still concerned with the wound, seeing as how it looked like a puncture wound, and thinking it needed probably at least a stitch or two. The bleeding had stopped for the most part. It's only bled when I touched it or when grace's shoulder hit it.

After getting dressed and taking her to Tammy's, I consulted with Tammy to see what she thought. We both seemed to think Grace was okay and that I could probably take her somewhere in the morning to have it looked at. Once I made it to Scott's office, after all of the craziness of the afternoon we both decided that it just wasn't right for us to go to the play as we were already running late. With this decision I knew I would feel better going ahead and taking her to urgent care just to be on the safe side.

We got there about 15 minutes before they closed. We were the only ones there and were seen right away. They said it was a good thing to bring her because she did need something to "keep her together" and decided that the durmabond glue was a better option than stitches with the anxiety Grace was going through just from being at the doctors office.



And that was it, our biggest boo-boo to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment