Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Well not really, we were in the car but check out these cool shades our Bulls Bay friend, Heidi, sent us along with a cool hat and some socks!

She actually didn't mind them being on her face either! :) (Sorry for the blurry picture, it was taken with my camera phone.)

Hemangioma update: We are still taking the propranolol. Tomorrow we will increase the dosage for the third time and only have one more increase until she's at her target dose. So far the only side effects I see from the medication is that her feet (& sometimes hands) get cold very easily. So I'm keeping socks on her as much as possible. We go back to Duke on Thursday so I'll have more of an update then. As far as being able to tell a difference in the birthmark after being on the medication, the hemangioma doesn't look as swollen to me overall. We're still battling the ulcers though. She has had many more that are creeping up so I'm interested to see what the doctor says about those Thursday!

On a fun note, Grace has begun to coo a lot in the past few days. It's actually like she's carrying on a conversation with you. Maybe I can video tape her and post it to the blog eventually. It's just so darn cute!

Love to all! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I love the glasses - what a cute little girl! Can't wait to see you guys again real soon! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious she is even in glasses!!! She's going to be a real "hoot".... I can't wait to hear her coo.....please let us know about the doctor's visit...

    ReplyDelete