Saturday, August 8, 2009

3 months!

Time sure does fly! Grace is 3 months old today!


Grace doesn't like tummy time too much. We're beginning to wonder if its because of her ulcers or if she just doesn't like it. So in addition to tummy time I'm giving her some time in her Bumbo chair to strengthen some of her neck muscles. She did fairly good in those two pictures but slowly begins to drop her head to a more comfortable position. Maybe by next month she'll be more comfortable. She doesn't get upset in the chair though, so that's a good thing!


I couldn't get her to smile in those first few pictures, unfortunately she isn't too fond of the camera in her face plus she was getting sleepy! But I did manage to get this one...


Hemangioma update: As you can see in the picture above she has a small hemangioma on her belly too. The doctors aren't concerned about this spot. If you look at it just right it looks like its in the shape of a heart. This one appeared when she was about 3 weeks old and has changed a lot since she was 1 month old (I compared a picture of it today), but hasn't grown recently. Scott and I have decided to start the propranolol to treat the one on her shoulder. We will begin tomorrow morning with our fingers crossed. I took a picture of her hemangioma today so we can compare it to other pictures once we've been on the medication to see if any progress is being made. Please say a prayer for Grace, that the side effects wont be too bad, and she will deal with the medication just fine. Oh, and say a prayer for my nerves too! Hugs to all! XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about tummy time, Cutter hated it until he could roll over and get there himself! She gets prettier and prettier, and still looking just like her mommy! We will be praying that the meds work well and that your nerves will remain calm, motherhood is stressful enough! Keep posting updates, I love seeing how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so cute meg. we will pray for grace and for u and scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - She is getting more beautiful every day. I pray that Grace's body will accept the medication and let it heal her body. Continue to stay strong. We love watching her grow, so keep the pictures coming. She is so blessed to have such a talented mother that captures her life as she grows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that someone else thinks she looks like her MOMMIE cause I sure do!!! She is so beautiful and full of life....God is good and when this is behind you and Grace, you will have a better understanding of how He has prepared you for this....just remember to quote the 23 Psalm and I promise it will bring you so much comfort....The prayers are continuing for each of you....Love to all, Linda

    ReplyDelete