Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Prayer

For some reason I tried to blog this on my phone right after it happened and it didn't go through. Due to my lack of blogging, I just noticed it...

Lots of our family gathered at my parents for Thanksgiving supper. Grace is usually iffy about saying the blessing when its just Scott and I sometimes so I knew for sure she wouldn't say it at Gigi and Big Daddy's while we were all there.

Here prayer is usually a song that she learned at school that starts off, "Lord, we thank you..."

She actually did want to say the blessing as we all held hands in a circle, it went a little like this...

(starting to sing) "Lord..." (pause and then...)
"Thank you for our families and for Thanksgiving. Thank you for everything we'll get for Christmas. Thank you that we are all here together. Amen."

It caught us all by a complete surprise and I think it was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. If only I would of had my video camera rolling. :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Me, Haley, & Grace - Thanksgiving Night

No comments:

Post a Comment