Scott, Ann, Grace, and I went to the Morehead City Seafood Festival last month. On the first night Ann had gotten us tickets to a reception at 36 North where Guy Harvey was in town.
Guy Harvey is is a "marine wildlife artist and conservationist. His depictions of sealife, especially of sportfish such as marlin, are very popular with sportfishermen and have been reproduced in prints, posters, t-shirts, jewelry, clothing, and other consumer items. Harvey is also a very vocal and active advocate for marine conservation, having established the Guy Harvey Research Institute (GHRI) at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida as well as the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, an organization that funds scientific research and educational initiatives." (wikipedia) It was really cool to meet him. I think Scott owns close to 10-15 Guy Harvey shirts not to mention the posters, and other items we have that he's designed.
I was also just as excited to meet Marc Montocchio. I've always said if I could shadow another artist one day, it would be him. However, I'd need to learn how to dive first. Marc Montocchio specializes in capturing unique and stunning images of ocean wildlife in their natural habitat especially in the deep blue waters of the open ocean. His work has appeared in numerous international publications, including National Geographic, Marlin, Outside Traveler, Africa Geographic, BlueWater, Tide, Out There, Voyages de PĂȘche, and many more. He and his video footage have appeared on such TV networks as the Discovery Channel.


Tucker is such a Guy Harvey fan and has hopes of being a marine biologist like him one day. Such a nice man!
ReplyDelete