Tuesday, February 8, 2011

21 months

21 things about my baby girl at 21 months...

I guess you could also say she's 1 year and 9 months, but however you look at it she's growing up too fast for my liking!!

1. She's loves singing/music/dancing.

2. Her favorite songs right now are Wheels on the Bus, Skina-ma-rink (sp?),  & Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. She'll even sing some parts with you.

3. She's saying much more and just now beginning to put two words together.

4. She started her first class of Kindermusik last week and although its much different from Little Gym, we're learning to like it.

5. I weighed her yesterday and she was somewhere between 22&23 lbs on the at-home scales.

6. She still wearing mostly 12 month clothes but they're becoming too short. The 12-18 / 18 month clothes fit her perfectly in length but I have to safety pin the waist for them to stay up.

7. She loves being read to.

8. Her favorite books right now are "Goodnight Moon" and "My Daddy and I".

9. She loves Toy Story and can name the main characters: Buzz, Woody, & Jessy.

10. Washing her hair has become much easier to do these days. She doesn't fuss during that process anymore, thank goodness! 

11. ... same with brushing her teeth! :)

12. She really likes going to Rhyme Time at the library and getting new books to take home.

13. She seems to have a calm, go-with-the-flow, always-sunny disposition, but she definitely has her meltdown moments too.

14. She loves playdates with her friends Lilley, Owen, and Crewe. And we wish we had more playdates with our other friends too.

15. She'll be TWO in just 3 short months.... Mommy nor Daddy isn't ready for that one.

16. I think she's got some 'monkey' in her as she's learned to do lots of climbing. She'll climb in her highchair by herself and I've never had a problem with her climbing up our stairs until now. Boy is she fast too!

17. Lately she's become more attached to her passy than ever. I've tried to only let her have it during nap times. Sometimes we go for days and it works, other days she has it all day long. Getting it away from her is going to be a challenge. 

18. She loves to draw. Often when I'm working at my desk she wants to be in my lab drawing or in her daddy's chair at his desk drawing.

19. Her sleeping patterns are about the same. However getting her down for naps or even bedtime is hit or miss at times. Sometimes its takes 5 mins, other times an hour.

20. She loves to point out and name all of the people in the photos on our refrigerator.

21. She loves to help me do things. Whether it's carry the laundry, change the laundry from washer to dryer, dust, put things away, etc. Sometimes I can even get her to clean her toys up! :)

Happy 21 Month Birthday, Allie Grace. We LOVE you!

1 comment:

  1. It's "Bizz" mom!!! LOL, she is so precious and I love her to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete